Погуглил, обнаружил что 67-летний актер ушел сам, устав от сериала и его ритма съемок, а также желая проводить больше времени с семьёй. Выдержки из интервью актера:
- "My final episode will be the 82nd. That's enough for anyone. I've come to a natural end and the last thing I want to do is to bore people."
- "I want to try other things before the Grim Reaper comes knocking. I will still work, but at a slightly less frenetic pace. Midsomer Murders has taken ten months out of every year and it's played havoc with my family life. Now, it's time to restore some order."
- "I think I've spent longer between the sheets with Jane than I have with my real wife Cathryn over the past 13 years."
- "I want to spend more time with my family. I want to see much more of my grandchildren, my daughter Emma's youngsters, Nathan, eight, and Sophie, two. They live on Jersey, so I haven't been able to get there very often, but when I leave Midsomer it will be a bonus to be able to fly over whenever I want."
- "And my wife is very pleased I'm leaving - although I suspect she will have plenty to keep me busy when I have more time on my hands. Almost by a process of osmosis, she is introducing more and more animals to our home for me to look after. The list includes two kittens; five chickens named after the Spice Girls; three cats, a dog, and a donkey called Hector."